8.16.2008

A GiRLs DaY OuT


My friends that grew up and I decided it would be fun to have a girls day out with our moms and sisters. Can I just say this can be a little dangerous. We started our day at 8:00 in the morning and decided to hit all the yard sales we could (this was the dangerous part). I must admit... I use to think yard sales were dumb, but now I have to say I am addicted. We found so many nice things for basically nothing... (f.y.i. you must know the ones to go too, to get the good stuff). After we had spent the morning at the yard sales, we continued the day having a yummy lunch, doing a fun craft, and ended playing Bunco and reminiscing about all the good ole' days when we were younger. It was so much fun to get together and spend time. P.S. we missed you Jill.

Just remember... one mans junk, is another mans treasure! Yard Sales are great. I am such a yard sale junky now, that my friends and I this last weekend decided to have our own yard sale instead of going to them... it ended up being a success!

5 comments:

Brandt & Kriste said...

How fun! That sounds like a great time. I am interested in knowing what great deals you found.

Anonymous said...

Melv I love yard sales!! The yard sales in Des Moines ROCK!! Looks like you all had a great time. I haven't seen my Aunt Valynn in a long time!!! Oh and I am sending that paperwork today...I am kind of a slacker! :)

Anonymous said...

Melv its me again so ya liked the Grinch Cowgirl huh! :) HA! Quinn was like what the crap they make green wranglers! GOOD TIMES!! Love your guts!

Nate and Jamie said...

Katherine... I love the blog!! I am glad you told me about it so now I can see whats going on instead of you just filling me in every few months :) Looks like you guys have had a fun summer!

Norton's said...

All the ladies from PV! Fun Fun idea! I've always wanted to hit some yard sells. Like you said "Someones trash could be someone's Treasures!"

<