10.23.2008

PuMpKiN SeeDs...YUM

Devin has been craving DRIED PUMPKIN SEEDS. So for family night we decided it would be a fun...or should I say a GOOWEY activity.


an ooowey...goowey...MESS...

but FUN!!!


Only that many seeds from two BIG pumpkins??? I see now why the stores charge practically $5 bucks for a bag of pumpkin seeds that doesn't even contain a 1/2 cup!

If any of you are interested in this fun goowey activity here is the recipe:

2 C. Pumpkin Seeds (wash & dried) In a Sauce Pan Heat: 1 1/2 Tbs. Butter, 1 1/2 tsp. Salt, 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Mix in Seeds...Spread on cookie sheet...Bake for 2 hrs. on 250'...Let dry for 1 hr. (Ps I have to give Devin's sister the credit for this recipe...Thanks Heidi)

4 comments:

Norton's said...

Pumpkin Seeds sound YumMy. Maybe I'll have to go buy a pumpkin and try out the recipe. Cute pictures. You guys have so much fun toghether.

Brandt & Kriste said...

Thanks for the recipe. I guess we will be trying these since Devin has been raving about them.

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin seeds huh! I don't think I have ever tried a pumpkin seed...maybe I have and just don't remember. Maybe I will have to give that recipe a try! Looks like you guys had fun!

Shalese and Cody said...

Katey and Devin love your blog! Sure good to catch up and see how you guys are! All the pictures are so fun! Love ya! take care!

<