10.07.2008

CoNFerEnCe WeeKeNd

We had a fabulous conference weekend!!! Devin and I headed out Saturday morning to my parents house in Park Valley.Devin was planning on planting some tulips for my mom....BUT...got RAINED OUT!!! It was a definite case of when IT RAINS...IT POURS. He was a little sad (if you can't tell by his face) that he couldn't plant the tulips...oh well...there is always another weekend!

The boys had a great time in the rain with their umbrellas...running around and jumping in puddles!

That night Devin decided to change a light at MIDNIGHT that had went out in my moms fan...(most of you are thinking "Pretty easy...Right??") Well not in a fan that is in a high vaulted ceiling in a log cabin. Before we knew it he was hauling in the HUGE double sided ladder to change the light....BUT that wasn't all.....
As you can see he decided to go on a CLEANING extravaganza while he was up there. He had us all rolling as he did his acrobatic moves to clean the logs!
Devin always makes things so much FUN and EXCITING. I thought my mom was going to die laughing that night as she watched him!

We had so much fun and enjoyed lots of luscious food, including... YUMMY homemade CARMEL APPLES


Devin wasn't to sad he had to eat the last one as you can tell!
I managed to get a batch of salsa done in amongst everything else that was going on (as most of you know salsa is a staple in our house... for me anyways). We had a great time watching conference and just being together as a family. Thanks dad and mom for creating such a wonderful place to come back too.

3 comments:

Norton's said...

Fun weekend in PV! You've got a pretty entertaining husband. He makes me laugh. Yes that is a very high up there. I still remember climbing up on one of the beams and that still wasn't as high as the light is. K now I'm craving a Carmel Apple and homemade Salsa. Looks very yummy!

Jennica said...

Looks like you had an eventful weekend...full of fun and yummy food! How do I get your salsa recipe?

Brandt & Kriste said...

I am laughing so hard at Devin right now. I had to call Brandt in to check Devin out. That is so Devin. Gotta love him!

<